marisa's ramblings

here in lies my own personal soapbox to vent about the issues and dilemmas that plague my mind and share the aha moments of my daily life.

Sunday, February 07, 2010

At least my daughter has her priorities straight

I couldn't wait for the monthly update to share this one with everyone. On Wed, Inara and I were heading to My Gym for our weekly class. As we pulled in the parking lot, she said, "Mommy, I go fee mawgawitas for lunch." She LOVES our favorite Mexican restaurant 3 Margaritas and it's in the same strip mall as My Gym. I told her maybe we could go there for lunch since we were already planning on going to lunch with our best friends Jen and Addison. I then told her if she was really good at My Gym and at lunch, then we could go to Target afterwards and get a cookie. She was super excited now. We had a great class at My Gym. After class, she excitedly told Jen "we go fee magawitas." Jen and Addison were more than willing to oblige Inara's need for chips, salsa, and cheese enchiwadas.

The girls wanted to sit in the booth next to each other. Things were nice to start off with. Then Addison started standing on the booth, and before we knew it, she was jumping on the seat. Inara, always the serious child when it comes to food (especially 3 Margaritas), begins telling Addison to stop jumping and sit down. After a series of events, Jen and I split the girls up and sat with our respective daughters. Addison was refusing to eat and acting out, when all of a sudden Inara says, "Addison, be good and we get a cookie at Target." Jen and I couldn't stop laughing. My daughter the disciplinarian. At least she has her priorities right. Ahhh yes, it's always all about the cookies. I was so proud of her for so many reasons. That's my girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home